- Clovis company leaves computer repair behind
- Double whammy hits proposed Tulare cheese plant
- Fresno Fresno IRS employee sentenced to prison
- Electric car donated to Terry's House in Fresno
- First Fresno rail demolition set for Monday
- New Fresno Ross opens July 19
- Growing Valley means work for traffic control firms
- Fresno Surgical Hospital honored by publication
- Skip Essick no longer with KMJ
- Karr elected president of Ag One Foundation
A Texas group has purcahsed several Five Guys Burgers and...
John Trenberth, president of Pana-Pacific.Pana-Pacific, a...
The WaterFX Aqua4 solar thermal desalination system is...
The Wawona Tunnel View at Yosemite National ParkVisitorship...
New Fresno State president starts job tomorrow
- Published on 07/31/2013 - 11:02 am
- Written by Business Journal staff
New Fresno State President Joseph Castro starts his first day on the job tomorrow with a full itinerary of stops to learn about the campus.
The Hanford native was selected by the California State University Board of Trustees in May to replace retiring President John Welty, who filled the position for 22 years.
Castro's day starts early with a new employee orientation in the Joyal Administration Building at 7:15 a.m. for some paperwork and fingerprinting by the Fresno State Police Department.
Next, he will be ushered off to the Thomas Building at 9 a.m. to meet the university's Interim Provost Dr. Andrew Hoff—filling in since the departure of Dr. William Covino in May—and the Academic Senate, whose job it is to devise Fresno State's educational policies.
Castro will then make a brief stop at the Exploring Regional Institutional Research Collaboration meeting in the Henry Madden Library at 9:45 a.m. followed by a 10 o'clock stop in the Speech Arts Building for a photo session with university photographer Cary Edmonson.
A press conference will then take place in the Peters Ellipse room back in the library at 11 a.m. followed by lunch with Associated Students Inc. President Moses Menchaca in the University Student Union pit.
The weekend will be spent like any other mover with the Castro family unpacking boxes and settling in to the University House located at 4411 N. Van Ness Blvd.
Castro, 46, is Fresno State's eighth president. Previously, he served as vice chancellor of student academic affairs at the University of California, San Francisco.