- Fresno officials announce new water restrictions
- Valley projects look to the sun for clean water
- Study: Mexico’s farm labor supply drying up
- Fresno County withdraws support of high-speed rail
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries to expand in Fresno
- Former IRS worker charged in $1.2M fraud case
- New downtown Fresno apartments in works
- Fresno Horizon Awards announced
- Property management firms enjoy brighter days
- Fresno apprentices are ready for high-speed rail
Lyft, with its signature pink car moustaches, entered the...
ATT line repair.A construction crew at Fresno and O streets...
Pitman Family Farms is increasing its poultry raising capacity...
A screengrab from Neel Kashkari's video of him living homeless...
Fresno County is bright spot in biz sales
- Published on 05/01/2014 - 9:45 am
- Written by Business Journal staff
Business sales shot up in Fresno County during April, an anomaly compared to most of the state.
According to the BizBen Index, which collects and reports data on the rate of small and mid-sized business transfers, 40 small businesses changed hands in Fresno County in the month compared to 13 the prior month and 26 a year ago.
In Tulare County, eight sales were reported to the website in April, down from 18 in March and nine last year.
Madera County businesses reported zero sales to BizBen in the month, the same as in March and in April 2013.
The same was true in Kings County, where BizBen showed only three sales so far this year and another three in all of 2013.
Among cities, Fresno had the most business sales on BizBen in April with 27 followed by four in Reedley and three each in Clovis, Sanger, Tulare and Visalia.
One sale each went through in Coalinga, Caruthers, Dinuba, Porterville, Selma and Strathmore.
Throughout the state, business sales on the site totaled 1,014 in April, down from 1,480 in March but up from 905 in April 2013.
According to BizBen, a high rate of business sales is an indicator of economic growth as banks are making more loans and buyers are growing confident in the profit potential of new investment opportunities.