- Family opens farm stand in Madera
- Clovis company leaves computer repair behind
- First Fresno County case of West Nile Virus confirmed
- Grilled Chz set to open second Fresno restaurant
- Double whammy hits proposed Tulare cheese plant
- Reality TV star to keynote Marjaree Mason event
- Fresno Fresno IRS employee sentenced to prison
- Fresno-based Tahoe Joe's expands to SoCal
- Electric car donated to Terry's House in Fresno
- EYE-Q Vision Care launches spa, adds laser
The WaterFX Aqua4 solar thermal desalination system is...
The Wawona Tunnel View at Yosemite National ParkVisitorship...
Fresno County's unemployment rate for June held steady at 10.4...
Bank of the Sierra in Porterville has acquired Santa Clara...
Fresno County is bright spot in biz sales
- Published on 05/01/2014 - 9:45 am
- Written by Business Journal staff
Business sales shot up in Fresno County during April, an anomaly compared to most of the state.
According to the BizBen Index, which collects and reports data on the rate of small and mid-sized business transfers, 40 small businesses changed hands in Fresno County in the month compared to 13 the prior month and 26 a year ago.
In Tulare County, eight sales were reported to the website in April, down from 18 in March and nine last year.
Madera County businesses reported zero sales to BizBen in the month, the same as in March and in April 2013.
The same was true in Kings County, where BizBen showed only three sales so far this year and another three in all of 2013.
Among cities, Fresno had the most business sales on BizBen in April with 27 followed by four in Reedley and three each in Clovis, Sanger, Tulare and Visalia.
One sale each went through in Coalinga, Caruthers, Dinuba, Porterville, Selma and Strathmore.
Throughout the state, business sales on the site totaled 1,014 in April, down from 1,480 in March but up from 905 in April 2013.
According to BizBen, a high rate of business sales is an indicator of economic growth as banks are making more loans and buyers are growing confident in the profit potential of new investment opportunities.