- Published on 02/06/2015 - 8:45 am
- Written by JAKE COYLE, AP Film Writer
(AP) — Over a January weekend in 2010, Amy Pascal made one of the most audacious decisions of her long tenure as Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chair, a nine-year run that has come to a tumultuous end.
- Published on 02/06/2015 - 8:29 am
- Written by JULIET WILLIAMS, Associated Press
(AP) — In the 1970s, the environmental movement had no bigger political hero than California Gov. Jerry Brown. He cracked down on polluters, ended tax breaks for oil companies and promoted solar energy.
- Published on 02/05/2015 - 10:57 am
- Written by Associated Press
(AP) — Amy Pascal will step down as co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment and head of the film studio, nearly three months after a massive hack hit the company and revealed embarrassing emails.
- Published on 02/05/2015 - 10:56 am
- Written by ELLEN KNICKMEYER, Associated press
(AP) — California, the country's third-largest oil-producing state, has improperly given oil companies more than 2,500 permits to inject production fluids and oilfield waste into underground water supplies that are used for drinking water or irrigation, state records show.
- Published on 02/05/2015 - 8:30 am
- Written by LISA LEFF, Associated Press
(AP) — Today's high school seniors aren't partying and socializing as much as their parents' generation — they're too busy trying to get into college, and when they get there, some don't feel good about themselves, a new survey reports.
- Published on 02/04/2015 - 2:08 pm
- Written by ALICIA CHANG, AP Science Writer
(AP) — The largest U.S. measles outbreak in recent history isn't the one that started in December at Disneyland. It happened months earlier in Ohio's Amish country, where 383 people fell ill after unvaccinated Amish missionaries traveled to the Philippines and returned with the virus.
- Published on 02/04/2015 - 2:03 pm
- Written by ELAINE KURTENBACH, AP Business Writer
(AP) — Sony Corp. trimmed its forecast of losses and estimates the Sony Pictures hack cost it about $15 million, but expects no significant harm from the cyberattack in the long run.
- Published on 02/04/2015 - 2:01 pm
- Written by The Associated Press
(AP) — Glu Mobile, the developer of the popular "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood" game, says it will develop a new mobile game with singer Katy Perry.
- Published on 02/04/2015 - 1:59 pm
- Written by LARRY NEUMEISTER, TOM HAYS, Associated Press
(AP) — A San Francisco man was swiftly convicted Wednesday of creating and operating an underground website that prosecutors said enabled drug dealers around the world to reach customers they would never find on the street.
- Published on 02/03/2015 - 1:03 pm
- Written by MARTHA MENDOZA, AP National Writer
(AP) — A study released Tuesday shows Silicon Valley's tech economy is continuing to boom, with 58,000 new jobs and 42,000 new residents last year and all indications the record growth will continue.