Visalia Rotary foundation announces $80K grant
The Visalia Rotary Community Foundation will award nine local organizations a total of $80,000 for the 2011-12 grant year, the organization said in a release.
The Foundation is a joint effort of four Visalia Rotary clubs and the grants are a result of donations to the Foundation by Rotarians and non-Rotarians. Including the 2012 grants, the Foundation has donated more than $786,000 to local organizations since its formation in 1997.
The organizations receiving grants for the 2011-2012 year are:
1. Arts Visalia, assist with the renovation of the HVAC system and roof. $5,000
2. Assistance League. Help with Operation School Bell, providing clothing to students. $10,000
3. The Blanket Ladies. Purchase materials to make blankets and bears.$5,000
4. FoodLink of Tulare County. To help with trucking expenses incurred in picking up donations. $5,000
5. Habitat for Humanity. Purchase a new truck for donation pick-ups. $20,000
6. Pro Youth/Heart. Assist with the Parents & Children Together program. $5,000
7. Samaritan Center. Purchase medications for indigent patients. $15,000
8. Visalia Emergency Aid. Purchase new computers. $5,000
Published on 06/25/2012 - 2:27 pm
Written by Business Journal staff
9. Visalia Rescue Mission. Develop a resource and training center in the Community Center. $10,000
Projects funded over the years include donations to develop a water well at Happy Trails Riding Academy, the Groppetti Community Stadium, a backup electrical system at Camp Tulequoia, upgraded sound and lighting at Rotary Theatre, and the expansion of the classroom at Family Services’ battered women’s shelter in Visalia.
For more information, contact Steve Chrisman at 635-3578.