- Published on 06/23/2014 - 2:06 pm
- Written by STEVE ROTHWELL, AP Markets Writer
(AP) — Stocks fell for the first time in seven days, ending a run that had pushed the indexes to all-time highs, as investors assessed corporate news.
- Published on 06/23/2014 - 10:26 am
- Written by The Associated Press
(AP) — The Supreme Court on Monday left in place a ban on sports gambling in New Jersey, rebuffing an attempt to bring betting on professional and college sporting events to Atlantic City casinos and the state's racetracks.
- Published on 06/23/2014 - 10:22 am
- Written by NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press
(AP) — President Barack Obama is hosting a daylong summit Monday to encourage more employers to adopt family-friendly policies, even though the U.S. government doesn't always set the best example.
- Published on 06/23/2014 - 10:16 am
- Written by MARK SHERMAN, Associated Press
(AP) — The Supreme Court on Monday placed limits on the sole Obama administration program already in place to deal with power plant and factory emissions of gases blamed for global warming.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 2:15 pm
- Written by NICOLE WINFIELD, Associated Press
(AP) — Pope Francis condemned the legalization of recreational drugs as a flawed and failed experiment as he lent his voice Friday to a debate that is raging from the United States to Uruguay.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 2:13 pm
- Written by ALEX VEIGA, AP Business Writer
(AP) — Stocks inched past more milestones Friday, delivering the third consecutive record-high close for the Standard & Poor's 500 index and a new high for the Dow Jones industrial average.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 11:42 am
- Written by JASON KEYSER, Associated Press
(AP) — Note to parents: All those hours your kids spend blazing a trail of destruction in video games may not be a complete waste of time, after all.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 10:14 am
- Written by CANDICE CHOI, MICHELLE CHAPMAN, Associated Press
(AP) — Darden said Friday that sales continued to slide at Olive Garden and Red Lobster in the latest quarter, with other costs dragging down its profit by 35 percent.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 10:09 am
- Written by CHRISTOPHER S. RUGABER, AP Economics Writer
(AP) — Unemployment fell in 20 states last month and nearly three-quarters of the states added jobs, as the nation at large posted a fourth straight month of solid hiring.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 10:08 am
- Written by JOSH LEDERMAN, Associated Press
(AP) — The Obama administration will work to ensure that gay and lesbian Americans are eligible to take leave from their jobs to care for a same-sex spouse, regardless of whether they live in a state that recognizes gay marriage, the White House said Friday.