- Published on 06/23/2014 - 10:22 am
- Written by NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press
(AP) — President Barack Obama is hosting a daylong summit Monday to encourage more employers to adopt family-friendly policies, even though the U.S. government doesn't always set the best example.
- Published on 06/23/2014 - 10:16 am
- Written by MARK SHERMAN, Associated Press
(AP) — The Supreme Court on Monday placed limits on the sole Obama administration program already in place to deal with power plant and factory emissions of gases blamed for global warming.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 2:15 pm
- Written by NICOLE WINFIELD, Associated Press
(AP) — Pope Francis condemned the legalization of recreational drugs as a flawed and failed experiment as he lent his voice Friday to a debate that is raging from the United States to Uruguay.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 2:13 pm
- Written by ALEX VEIGA, AP Business Writer
(AP) — Stocks inched past more milestones Friday, delivering the third consecutive record-high close for the Standard & Poor's 500 index and a new high for the Dow Jones industrial average.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 11:42 am
- Written by JASON KEYSER, Associated Press
(AP) — Note to parents: All those hours your kids spend blazing a trail of destruction in video games may not be a complete waste of time, after all.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 10:14 am
- Written by CANDICE CHOI, MICHELLE CHAPMAN, Associated Press
(AP) — Darden said Friday that sales continued to slide at Olive Garden and Red Lobster in the latest quarter, with other costs dragging down its profit by 35 percent.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 10:09 am
- Written by CHRISTOPHER S. RUGABER, AP Economics Writer
(AP) — Unemployment fell in 20 states last month and nearly three-quarters of the states added jobs, as the nation at large posted a fourth straight month of solid hiring.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 10:08 am
- Written by JOSH LEDERMAN, Associated Press
(AP) — The Obama administration will work to ensure that gay and lesbian Americans are eligible to take leave from their jobs to care for a same-sex spouse, regardless of whether they live in a state that recognizes gay marriage, the White House said Friday.
- Published on 06/20/2014 - 9:27 am
- Written by CANDICE CHOI, AP Food Industry Writer
(AP) — Starbucks is raising prices on some of its drinks by 5 cents to 20 cents starting next week, and customers can also soon expect to pay $1 more for the packaged coffee it sells in supermarkets.
- Published on 06/19/2014 - 2:57 pm
- Written by DAVID ESPO, AP Special Correspondent
(AP) — Rep. Kevin McCarthy of California capped a meteoric rise through the ranks of power on Thursday, winning election as House majority leader as Republicans shuffled their leadership in the wake of Rep. Eric Cantor's primary defeat in Virginia.