- Published on 03/30/2015 - 11:44 am
- Written by JEFF HORWITZ, Associated Press
(AP) — Two major companies in a prominent $1.4 billion Asia investment fund managed by New York banking giant Morgan Stanley unexpectedly told securities regulators they will not file their financial statements on time and froze trading in their stocks, actions generally considered to be cause for concern.
- Published on 03/30/2015 - 11:39 am
- Written by LOLITA C. BALDOR, Associated Press
(AP) — Saying the military needs to do more to compete with corporate America for quality recruits, Defense Secretary Ash Carter opened the door Monday to relaxing some enlistment standards — particularly for high-tech or cyber security jobs.
- Published on 03/30/2015 - 11:31 am
- Written by FRAZIER MOORE, AP Television Writer
(AP) — Trevor Noah, a 31-year-old comedian from South Africa who has contributed to "The Daily Show" a handful of times in recent months, will become Jon Stewart's replacement as host, Comedy Central announced Monday.
- Published on 03/30/2015 - 11:29 am
- Written by LAURAN NEERGAARD, AP Medical Writer
(AP) — The intensive care unit is a last frontier for physical therapy: It's hard to exercise patients hooked to ventilators.
- Published on 03/30/2015 - 9:21 am
- Written by VERENA DOBNIK, Associated Press
(AP) — The last Passover matzos have rolled out of a century-old bakery on Manhattan's Lower East Side — a neighborhood that's been dubbed the "Jewish Plymouth Rock."
- Published on 03/30/2015 - 8:30 am
- Written by SUSAN MONTOYA BRYAN, Associated Press
(AP) — A pipeline project intended to bring billions of gallons of water a year to a drought-stricken section of eastern New Mexico represents a lifeline to parched communities that are quickly running out of water.
- Published on 03/30/2015 - 8:26 am
- Written by Associated Press
(AP) — Horizon Pharma is buying Hyperion Therapeutics for about $1.1 billion, gaining two treatments for genetic disorders.
- Published on 03/30/2015 - 8:16 am
- Written by ANICK JESDANUN, AP Technology Writer
(AP) — Spotify is coming to the PlayStation, replacing Sony's own Music Unlimited service, as the company continues to expand the game console into an entertainment hub beyond video games.
- Published on 03/30/2015 - 8:15 am
- Written by TOM MURPHY, AP Business Writer
(AP) — The nation's largest health insurer, UnitedHealth, will muscle up in its fight against rising specialty drug costs by spending more than $12 billion to buy pharmacy benefits manager Catamaran Corp.
- Published on 03/30/2015 - 8:11 am
- Written by DEE-ANN DURBIN, AP Auto Writer
(AP) — Elvis Presley had one; so did Clark Gable. It was even the sedan of presidents. Then the name vanished amid an invasion of newer luxury cars from Europe and Asia.