Fresno State provost to seek budget-cutting measures
- Published on 02/16/2012 - 2:48 pm
- Written by Business Journal Staff
Fresno State Provost William Covino plans to enact some of the recommendations of a campus budget task force to help close an anticipated budget gap of more than $1 million for the the Academic Affairs division.
The Academic Affairs Budget Advisory Task Force, with members from every school/college on campus, said its main recommendations include continuing enrollment management efforts, requiring university-affiliated centers and institutes to become self-sufficient and asking each dean to find budget solutions in his or her school or college.
Other plans include shifting certain departments:
• Child and Family Sciences Department from the Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology to the Kremen School of Education and Human Development
• Fashion Merchandising Department from the Jordan College to the Craig School of Business
• Economics from the College of Social Sciences to the Craig School
The taskforce withdraw a controversial earlier proposal to do away with the College of Science and Mathematics.
The university said if California voters vote down a tax measure on the November ballot, Fresno State could see its budget slashed by another $10.1 million.