- Published on 02/03/2015 - 12:59 pm
- Written by Business Journal Staff
California’s 2014 grape crop was down 12 percent from the previous year, according to a report issued Monday by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS).
- Published on 01/16/2015 - 1:30 pm
- Written by Hannah Esqueda
Local nonprofit Food Commons Fresno has big plans for 2015 as the organization seeks to address the plight of neighborhood food deserts, protect farmland from commercial development and spur economic growth in previously neglected parts of town.
- Published on 01/14/2015 - 9:21 am
- Written by SCOTT SMITH, Associated Press
(AP) — California farmers now must abide by the nation's strictest rules for a widely used pesticide in a change designed to protect farmworkers and people who live and work near agricultural fields but is likely to raise prices on produce.
- Published on 01/12/2015 - 7:40 am
- Written by The Associated Press
(AP) — A California water district that is the country's largest says it has reached a deal with the federal government in a decades-long dispute over thousands of acres of contaminated land.