Ag license plates offered

Ag License PlateAg License PlateThe California Agricultural Teachers’ Association is offering to pay the initial $50 fee on specially designed Ag License Plates for people willing to put them on their cars, trucks or trailers.

Those displaying the plates will have to pay a $40 annual renewal fee that will go to directly FAA leadership conferences and other student activities.

“Sales of Ag License Plates have surged over the past few weeks, and we are now in a position to reach our goal of 7,500 plates,” said Kerry Stockton, executive assistant for the Agricultural Teachers’ Association, in a release. “In order to achieve this goal, we need your help to make the final push," she said.

The 'sponsored' or free plates are now being offered to individuals and businesses.

“We have received sponsorship donations from several sources and the Adult FFA Board recently authorized the use of additional FFA funds to make this happen,” Stockton said.

To receive the fee waiver, visit and print the plate application. Send the completed application to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or fax to (916) 714-2973. Do not fill out the online application. The California Agricultural Teachers’ Association will take care of consolidating the lists and making the payment to CDFA.

The plates are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.  People who have already ordered a plate might like a second one for free for their gooseneck trailer or other ag trailers, Stockton said.
The completed application form must be submitted no later than March 15.