BLOG: Help us find '20 of the last 20'
- Published on 05/22/2012 - 8:42 am
- Written by Gabriel Dillard
The Business Journal is celebrating a big milestone later this year and would like to use the occasion to shine a spotlight on the Valley business community.
A year after parent company Pacific Publishing Group celebrated its 125th anniversary in operation, it's The Business Journal's turn. In November, we will publish a special edition of the paper celebrating our 20th anniversary entitled "20 years of business evolution." It celebrates 20 years since the longtime publication took a business-to-business format featuring original local news reporting.
As part of that, we are compiling a list of the top 20 business people of the last 20 years, or "20 of the last 20."
The list will obviously include entrepreneurs, business owners and executives who have guided their respective enterprises to success. But we also feel elected officials, media professionals, academic researchers, public-sector professionals or others could have a place on the list if they have made significant contributions to the economy and business community.
These are the people we are looking for:
• Someone who in the last 20 years has been a professional or business owner who has advanced the economic well being of the Central Valley, either by operating a business or promoting business causes.
• Someone whose business contributions are matched by community involvement and outreach, both monetary and otherwise.
• Someone who still does business or is otherwise still involved in the local community.
Though the final list will be decided by The Business Journal's editorial board, we welcome input from the local business community. In fact, we couldn't do it properly without reader suggestions.
Be on the lookout for more information about our birthday coming up.