- Beauty pageant winner buys Fresno flower shop
- Tulare County reservoir plans in the works
- Work on Madera’s 6,578-home Gateway Village starts July
- Burlington plans Fresno grand opening
- Business owners want theft of recyclables stopped
- Settlement gives 2,270-home Friant Ranch green light
- Quebe named family business chair
- Pacific Ethanol to reopen Madera plant after 5 years
- Swearengin launches Fresno industry council
- Consultant: Swearengin has Fresno at heart with controller run
Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin intends to run for state...
A Sacramento judge has ruled a lawsuit against the high-speed...
The Wawona Tunnel View at Yosemite National ParkCentral...
The McKay Point Project, estimated to cost $10 million, is a...
Samsung motions to add iPhone 5 to patent case
- Published on 10/02/2012 - 2:04 pm
- Written by Associated Press
(AP) — South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co. says it has filed a motion with a U.S. court to add Apple's iPhone 5 to their ongoing patent battle.
Samsung says it filed the motion Monday with the California court, alleging that Apple's new phone infringes on eight of its patents.
The two companies are locked in a struggle for supremacy in the global smartphone market, leading to legal cases in courts across the globe.
Samsung released a statement Tuesday saying, "We have always preferred to compete in the marketplace with our innovative products, rather than in courtrooms. However, Apple continues to take aggressive legal measures that will limit market competition."
It said it had "little choice but to take the steps necessary to protect our innovations and intellectual property rights."