- Two Fresno Vons stores, employing 127, to close
- Specialty medical providers urge patients to look beyond ‘brand names’
- Dealers: Drought hurting farm equipment sales
- Campus Pointe movie theater opens next week
- Valley's first Jersey Mike's Subs to open in Clovis May 13
- Valley Public Radio to break ground on $3.3M facility
Ken McNeely, right, presents a $25,000 check to Fresno's Fab 5...
Fresno's S&W Seed Co., global supplier of alfalfa seed, is...
Volunteers load donated food as part of a Food Recovery...
Members of the Alexander family celebrate A-C Electric being...
Samsung motions to add iPhone 5 to patent case
- Published on 10/02/2012 - 2:04 pm
- Written by Associated Press
(AP) — South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co. says it has filed a motion with a U.S. court to add Apple's iPhone 5 to their ongoing patent battle.
Samsung says it filed the motion Monday with the California court, alleging that Apple's new phone infringes on eight of its patents.
The two companies are locked in a struggle for supremacy in the global smartphone market, leading to legal cases in courts across the globe.
Samsung released a statement Tuesday saying, "We have always preferred to compete in the marketplace with our innovative products, rather than in courtrooms. However, Apple continues to take aggressive legal measures that will limit market competition."
It said it had "little choice but to take the steps necessary to protect our innovations and intellectual property rights."