- Community receives $10M Fresno office complex gift
- Developers: Fast rides, wild animals planned for Quay Valley
- Fresno City College President Cantu dies
- Industry predicts strong year for local real estate
- South Valley hooks $14.7M for work-based learning
- New owners, brand for Fresno's Crown Cleaners
A Southern California developer has pulled out of a deal to...
Dallas Blanchard, director of the Fresno Needle Exchange, said...
Leadership Fresno Class 31 hopes to draw attention to the...
Harry Tow (right), previously Visalia’s city manager,...
Samsung motions to add iPhone 5 to patent case
- Published on 10/02/2012 - 2:04 pm
- Written by Associated Press
(AP) — South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co. says it has filed a motion with a U.S. court to add Apple's iPhone 5 to their ongoing patent battle.
Samsung says it filed the motion Monday with the California court, alleging that Apple's new phone infringes on eight of its patents.
The two companies are locked in a struggle for supremacy in the global smartphone market, leading to legal cases in courts across the globe.
Samsung released a statement Tuesday saying, "We have always preferred to compete in the marketplace with our innovative products, rather than in courtrooms. However, Apple continues to take aggressive legal measures that will limit market competition."
It said it had "little choice but to take the steps necessary to protect our innovations and intellectual property rights."