- Clovis company leaves computer repair behind
- Skip Essick no longer with KMJ
- Burger King to provide Fresno home delivery
- Valley projects look to the sun for clean water
- Valley attorneys recognized as Super Lawyers
- Study: Mexico’s farm labor supply drying up
- Fresno County delays high-speed rail support vote
- Fresno officials announce new water restrictions
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries to expand in Fresno
- Former IRS worker charged in $1.2M fraud case
Ginder Development Corp. is developing a business park where...
Another vacant lot is getting new life in downtown Fresno as...
A Texas group has purcahsed several Five Guys Burgers and...
John Trenberth, president of Pana-Pacific.Pana-Pacific, a...
Samsung motions to add iPhone 5 to patent case
- Published on 10/02/2012 - 2:04 pm
- Written by Associated Press
(AP) — South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co. says it has filed a motion with a U.S. court to add Apple's iPhone 5 to their ongoing patent battle.
Samsung says it filed the motion Monday with the California court, alleging that Apple's new phone infringes on eight of its patents.
The two companies are locked in a struggle for supremacy in the global smartphone market, leading to legal cases in courts across the globe.
Samsung released a statement Tuesday saying, "We have always preferred to compete in the marketplace with our innovative products, rather than in courtrooms. However, Apple continues to take aggressive legal measures that will limit market competition."
It said it had "little choice but to take the steps necessary to protect our innovations and intellectual property rights."