- Hinds Hospice updating its Fresno home
- Gen Xers, boomers and millennials — navigating generations in workforce
- Full-scale retail project slated for Madera Ranchos
- Children's Hospital, Adventist join forces on rural care
- Children's Hospital sees record visits in '14
- National real estate brokerage expands to Fresno
The bar at Peeve’s Public House in Fresno features a sign...
The Fresno metropolitan added 11,470 nonfarm from January to...
Developers like De Young Properties are incorporating more...
A judge has dismissed a legal challenge to the City of...
Samsung motions to add iPhone 5 to patent case
- Published on 10/02/2012 - 2:04 pm
- Written by Associated Press
(AP) — South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co. says it has filed a motion with a U.S. court to add Apple's iPhone 5 to their ongoing patent battle.
Samsung says it filed the motion Monday with the California court, alleging that Apple's new phone infringes on eight of its patents.
The two companies are locked in a struggle for supremacy in the global smartphone market, leading to legal cases in courts across the globe.
Samsung released a statement Tuesday saying, "We have always preferred to compete in the marketplace with our innovative products, rather than in courtrooms. However, Apple continues to take aggressive legal measures that will limit market competition."
It said it had "little choice but to take the steps necessary to protect our innovations and intellectual property rights."