- Blackstone Avenue Smart & Final deal dead
- Industry predicts strong year for local real estate
- Leadership Fresno dives into ‘water-wise’ class project
- New Quad Knopf digs ‘symbolic’ of Visalia firm’s comeback
- Community leaders concerned with rise of heroin abuse
- Kaweah Delta's Gates named 'Pharmacist of the Year'
The pistachio industry is concerned about a mystery ailment...
Blaine McQuown and Matt Price, owners of the SYNLawn of...
Tulare Regional Medical Center med-surgical nurse Teresa...
Joe Renna, third-generation butcher at Renna’s Meat Market in...
Low-cost health provider expands into Fresno
- Published on 01/09/2012 - 1:26 pm
- Written by Business Journal staff
Health care provider MedLion announced plans to expand into the Fresno area by including William Work, M.D. in its network of affiliated physicians.
Dr. Work, a board-certified family practitioner, runs the Ultimate Living Medical Clinic in Fresno.
"As people lost their jobs during this economic downturn, so too have they lost their health care coverage and have either gone without routine, preventive medical care or turned to emergency rooms for their care," Work said in a press release. "MedLion is the solution to the crisis of the under and uninsured by providing affordable, comprehensive primary care and I'm delighted to be part of this cutting-edge model of care."
MedLion offers direct primary care for $59 a month, $39 for seniors and $19 for children, with $10 office visits. As well, lab work and imaging is negotiated up to 50 percent off.
The company said it has set its sights set on Fresno where nearly one in four residents are without any kind of health coverage.
Besides Fresno, the company also offers health care services in Monterey, San Francisco, Mountain View and Oakland and hopes to have hundreds of practices nationwide in the next 10 years.