- Specialty medical providers urge patients to look beyond ‘brand names’
- Campus Pointe movie theater opens next week
- Uber to open office near Downtown Fresno
- A-C Electric wins 2015 California Family Business Award
- New carbon capture plant commissioned in Tulare County
- Agencies to host transportation-related public forum
Holly Carter along with her staff and local dignitaries cut...
Officials gather in Pixley yesterday for the commissioning of...
Ken McNeely, right, presents a $25,000 check to Fresno's Fab 5...
Fresno's S&W Seed Co., global supplier of alfalfa seed, is...
Low-cost health provider expands into Fresno
- Published on 01/09/2012 - 1:26 pm
- Written by Business Journal staff
Health care provider MedLion announced plans to expand into the Fresno area by including William Work, M.D. in its network of affiliated physicians.
Dr. Work, a board-certified family practitioner, runs the Ultimate Living Medical Clinic in Fresno.
"As people lost their jobs during this economic downturn, so too have they lost their health care coverage and have either gone without routine, preventive medical care or turned to emergency rooms for their care," Work said in a press release. "MedLion is the solution to the crisis of the under and uninsured by providing affordable, comprehensive primary care and I'm delighted to be part of this cutting-edge model of care."
MedLion offers direct primary care for $59 a month, $39 for seniors and $19 for children, with $10 office visits. As well, lab work and imaging is negotiated up to 50 percent off.
The company said it has set its sights set on Fresno where nearly one in four residents are without any kind of health coverage.
Besides Fresno, the company also offers health care services in Monterey, San Francisco, Mountain View and Oakland and hopes to have hundreds of practices nationwide in the next 10 years.