- Family opens farm stand in Madera
- Westlands Solar Park plan lands major investor
- Electric vehicles gain a foothold in the Valley
- Fresno apartments go smoke-free
- Trade show app wins at 59 Days of Code
- Fresno Pacific planning $8M-$12M fine arts center
- In dry Central Valley, water fetching record prices
- New Chili's opens in Northwest Fresno
- Grilled Chz set to open second Fresno restaurant
- Fresno Pacific aims for 5,000 students
Sarah and Ed Wilkins in electric shuttle car.A Fresno...
Jonathan Spano, co-owner of Traffic Management Inc., said his...
Tahoe Joe's Famous Steakhouse Vice President David Glennon...
Fiat of Fresno will soon carry the Alfa Romeo 4C coupe.Fiat of...
Low-cost health provider expands into Fresno
- Published on 01/09/2012 - 1:26 pm
- Written by Business Journal staff
Health care provider MedLion announced plans to expand into the Fresno area by including William Work, M.D. in its network of affiliated physicians.
Dr. Work, a board-certified family practitioner, runs the Ultimate Living Medical Clinic in Fresno.
"As people lost their jobs during this economic downturn, so too have they lost their health care coverage and have either gone without routine, preventive medical care or turned to emergency rooms for their care," Work said in a press release. "MedLion is the solution to the crisis of the under and uninsured by providing affordable, comprehensive primary care and I'm delighted to be part of this cutting-edge model of care."
MedLion offers direct primary care for $59 a month, $39 for seniors and $19 for children, with $10 office visits. As well, lab work and imaging is negotiated up to 50 percent off.
The company said it has set its sights set on Fresno where nearly one in four residents are without any kind of health coverage.
Besides Fresno, the company also offers health care services in Monterey, San Francisco, Mountain View and Oakland and hopes to have hundreds of practices nationwide in the next 10 years.